The tournament is played according to the FIL 2015 rules with the following modifications.
- round robin games, quaterfinals, semifinals, 3rd place game (2×12 min. running clock)
- finals (3×12 min. running clock)
- minor penalty lasts 1 minute (crosschecking, tripping, holding, etc.)
- major penalty lasts 3 minutes (boarding, high sticking etc.) Penalty is released after the team with the man advantage scores two goals during the penalty time.
- Players penalized with game misconduct are automaticly suspended for next game.
- Tournament steering committee reserves the right to suspend players penalized with game misconduct for the rest of the tournament.
- Each team has one time out per game. The time out lasts 45 seconds.
The maximum number of players:
- The maximum number of players on each team is not limited.
Tournament play system:
- 4 groups A, B, C, D
- The quarterfinals are played as follows: 1A -2B; 1B -2A; 1C-2D; 1D – 2C
- Winners of the quarterfinals will compete in the semifinals (eg B and D; A and C)
- The defeats of the quarterfinals will match 5th to 8th place
- Winners of the semi-final matches will compete in the final for the first place in the tournament.
- Losses of semi-final matches will compete in 3 places.
- Teams who do not qualify for a quarterfinals with a similar system will score 9th to 16th place.
Standings in the groups is determined by following criteria :
- mutual match
- score difference
- goals scored
- Best goalkeeper
- Best scorer
- Player with the most points
- Best Defensive Player